Water and Waste Water Billing Information

ALERT: DPW began issuing new water bills on Wednesday, August 7, marking an end to the billing disruption caused by a ransomware attack that began May 6. These bills will cover a longer billing period than the typical cycle. There is a larger than normal total amount due. New bills will be generated and several thousand batches of bills will be mailed per day. Your new water bill charges will not appear in the online bill-pay system until your August bill (including charges for April, May, June and July) is generated and mailed.

Click here to review frequently ask questions (FAQs) about the water billing restoration process. Click here to see a sample of the extended bill for Baltimore City water customers. Click here to see a sample of the extended bill for Baltimore County water customers.

Customer Service 1
200 Holliday St, First Floor, Room 8, Baltimore, MD 21202
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M)
Phone Number:  (410) 396-5398
 Ask a Question
Online Service Request Link:



 How To Use Our New Customer Billing Portal

Watch instructional video featured Here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


  • Our staff will NEVER ask you for your banking or payment information and will only advise you of a past due balance.  Please be aware that there are a number of scammers who reach out to vulnerable residents asking for them to send money in order to 'correct' an outstanding water bill balance.  The location of the Bureau of Revenue Collections is in the lobby of 200 Holliday Street Baltimore, MD 21202.  If you have any questions on the validity of a call, please contact our Customer Support and Services Division at (410) 396-5398.

  • Water accounts are held in the name of the property owner on record with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation.  Property owners can add an additional party as a bill recipient, however, the property owner is responsible for timely payment of bills. 

  • If you are a tenant and your name is not on the water bill, our staff cannot provide you detailed information about the requested location.  Please contact your landlord, management company, or if you have issues with your landlord, Maryland Legal Aid.

  • If you require an emergency water turn-off, please contact 311.


Bills are considered delinquent when an account has an unpaid balance of $250 or more and is two payment periods in arrears.  Delinquent accounts can be subject to turn off of the water service after appropriate notice.  City customers may qualify for one of the City’s payment assistance programs or may want to enter into a payment plan to bring their account into good standing. 

If you have a question concerning your water bill, please Submit Your Question. You will receive an answer within  5 business days.