Water Meter Request
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, DPW has modified the process to open new water accounts and to request new water meter accounts. While many of our staff continue to work remotely, please submit requests for new meters via email: Department of Public Works Billing Department. In addition, the Rates and Revenue section can be reached at 410-396-5533.
Request a New Water Meter Account
Establish a New Water Account
- Call 410-396-5398 to open a new account.
- Submit new account paperwork.
- Send in new account paperwork via United States Postal Service or email Department of Public Works Billing Department. Payments will be accepted only as certified checks and will only be accepted through United States Postal Service.
When DPW Receives New Water Account Paperwork
Upon receipt of the appropriate paperwork and verification of payment, the Rates and Revenue section will:
- Verify that the City received the necessary documentation and follow up for any missing information.
- Establish the billing account in the billing system.
- Coordinate meter installation and send the meter information.
Schedule a Time/Day to Pick Up Your New Meter
- Contact Karen Armstead at 443-984-1416 to schedule a time/day to pick up your new meter.
- Developers, Contractors, or Other Property Owner Representatives picking up meters from the meter shop will not be permitted inside the building. The meters will be brought outside of the building.
Installing New Water Meters
- Meters under 3” – Meters will be installed by the City/DPW Representatives.
- Meters 3” and greater - Meters will be installed by the Developers, Contractors, or Other Property Owner Representatives.
4/1/2020 Until Further Notice
PRIOR TO METER PICKUP:
Developers, Contractors, or Other Property Owner Representatives need that a water account has been established. In addition, all necessary paperwork must be completed and payments have received prior to attempting to pick up a meter. Please send correspondence to Department of Public Works Billing Department
Developers, Contractors, or Other Property Owner Representatives need to pick up water meters from Baltimore City’s Meter Shop must schedule an appointment.
DAYS OF THE WEEK APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
CONTACT TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT:
UPON ARRIVAL AT METER SHOP FOR APPOINTMENT: