DPW Small Business Development Program 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application period to open in Spring 2023
DPW's Small Business Development (SBD) Training Program Register now! Training modules valued at $1,199 are provided for ONLY $199.
All firms (participants) must complete the application prior to enrollment. There are still scholarships available! For more information about this training program, please call 410-618-0100 or send an email to SBD Training Program.
Training classes include:
- Bonding: Understanding how bonding and working capital operate in the construction industry.
- Construction Accounting & Finance: Learning about the dollars and cents of construction and how to do business with the City of Baltimore. Includes coverage of City requirements and procedures.
- Construction Best Practices: Specialized training for trenchless sewer repair, site restoration, manhole repair, and lateral connections.
- Contract Administration: Lesson on understanding and executing contracts.
- Estimating/Bidding: Hands-on training with actual estimating and bidding exercises
- M/WBE Certification: Guidance on how eligible firms can become certified as a Minority or Woman-owned Business
- Prequalification: Learn how to become prequalified to work on Baltimore City contracts
- Safety: Training to secure a 10-hour OSHA certification card
- Scheduling: Effective and realistic schedule to complete projects “on time and within budget”