DPW Small Business Development Program 2022
2022 Training Program Enrolling Now!
The City of Baltimore’s Department of Public Works (DPW) supports economic and business development in the City and throughout the region. Serving one of the most diverse regions in the country, DPW invites small, local minority, women, and/or disadvantaged businesses to learn more about the Small Business Development (SBD) Growth by Design Training Program.
DPW’s SBD Growth by Design Program offers a series of training modules to help companies learn more about construction and construction-related work. This 11-week course will be held in person on Tuesday evenings and possibly Thursday evenings. The SBD Growth by Design Program is designed to ensure participants are contract-ready for more than $3 billion in utility work, including Modified Consent Decree, Sewer Rehabilitation and Replacement Projects, and Capital Improvement Projects related to drinking water, stormwater, and wastewater programs. This program will improve knowledge of utility construction and sewer rehabilitation work and prepare firms to compete on Baltimore City and DPW contracting opportunities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 19, 2022
Please vist the SBD Growth By Design Training Program Application Page to register online and submit electronically for the 2022 SBD Growth by Design Training Program.
The nominal registration fee is ONLY $199 for training modules valued at $1,199. All firms (participants) must complete the application prior to enrollment.
For more information about this training program, please call 410-618-0100 or send an email to SBD Growth By Design Training Program Team
Training classes include:
- Bonding: Understanding how bonding and working capital operate in the construction industry.
- Construction Accounting & Finance: Learning about the dollars and cents of construction and how to do business with the City of Baltimore. Includes coverage of City requirements and procedures.
- Construction Best Practices: Specialized training for trenchless sewer repair, site restoration, manhole repair, and lateral connections.
- Contract Administration: Lesson on understanding and executing contracts.
- Estimating/Bidding: Hands-on training with actual estimating and bidding exercises
- M/WBE Certification: Guidance on how eligible firms can become certified as a Minority or Woman-owned Business
- Prequalification: Learn how to become prequalified to work on Baltimore City contracts
- Safety: Training to secure a 10-hour OSHA certification card
- Scheduling: Effective and realistic scheduling to complete projects “on time and within budget”
ALL firms and individuals interested in advancing their companies to enhance their knowledge of sewer rehabilitation and other related services are invited to participate in the Small Business Development (SBD) Growth by Design Training Program. We are targeting companies that specialize in the following disciplines:
- Concrete Construction
- Construction Program/Project Management
- Pipeline Installation
- Post Construction Clean-Up
- Sediment and Erosion Control