DPW Offices, Sanitation Yards Closed Labor Day, Monday, September 4
Thursday Aug 31st, 2023
Baltimore City Department of Public Works (DPW) Interim Director Richard J. Luna reminds residents that Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2023, is a City holiday. DPW offices and sanitation yards will be CLOSED.
The Labor Day closure does NOT impact trash and recycling collections. Monday is not a scheduled curbside trash or recycling collection day.
DPW facilities closed on Labor Day to residents and haulers include:
- Northwest Transfer Station, 5030 Reisterstown Road
- Quarantine Road Landfill, 6100 Quarantine Road
- Northwest Residential Drop-off Center, 2840 Sisson Street
- Southwestern Residential Drop-off Center, 701 Reedbird Avenue
- Eastern Residential Drop-off Center, 6101 Bowleys Lane
Mechanical street sweeping will not be in effect.
After Labor Day, extended summer hours at DPW Residential Drop-off Centers will end. Beginning Tuesday, September 5, Residential Drop-Off Centers will resume operating from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Monday-Saturday).
Please note that the Northwest Transfer Station will remain open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and the Quarantine Road Landfill's Residential Drop-off Center will remain open from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday-Saturday.