Labor Day Closure, Monday September 5
Thursday Sep 1st, 2022
DPW Offices, Sanitation Yards
Closed Labor Day, Monday, September 5
Baltimore City Department of Public Works (DPW) Director Jason W. Mitchell reminds residents that Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022, is a City holiday. DPW offices and sanitation yards will be CLOSED.
Trash and recycling collections are NOT impacted by the Labor Day closure. Monday is not a scheduled curbside trash or recycling collection day.
DPW facilities closed on Labor Day to residents and haulers include:
- Northwest Transfer Station, 5030 Reisterstown Road
- Quarantine Road Landfill, 6100 Quarantine Road
- Northwest Residential Drop-off Center, 2840 Sisson Street
- Southwestern Residential Drop-off Center, 701 Reedbird Avenue
- Eastern Residential Drop-off Center, 6101 Bowleys Lane
Mechanical street sweeping will not be in effect.
After Labor Day, extended summer hours at Residential Drop-off Centers will end. Beginning Tuesday, September 6, 2022, DPW Residential Drop-off Centers will resume operating from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Monday-Saturday).