DPW Offices, Sanitation Yards Closed for Memorial Day Holiday City Holiday: Monday, May 31
Wednesday May 26th, 2021
Baltimore City Department of Public Works (DPW) Acting Director Jason W. Mitchell reminds residents that Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, 2021, is a City holiday. DPW offices and sanitation yards will be CLOSED.
Weekly trash and recycling collections are NOT impacted by the Memorial Day closure. Monday is not a scheduled curbside trash or recycling collection day.
DPW facilities closed on Memorial Day to residents and haulers include:
- Northwest Transfer Station, 5030 Reisterstown Road
- Quarantine Road Landfill, 6100 Quarantine Road
- Northwest Citizens' Convenience Center, 2840 Sisson Street
- Southwestern Citizens’ Convenience Center, 701 Reedbird Avenue
- Eastern Citizens’ Convenience Center, 6101 Bowleys Lane
Extended summer hours for DPW Residential Drop-off Centers start after Memorial Day, operating from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday-Saturday. These extended summer hours are in effect until Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6.
Please note that the Northwest Transfer Station will remain open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and the Quarantine Road Landfill's Residential Drop-off will remain open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Memorial Day is the unofficial beginning of summer and as a safety reminder, Baltimore area residents are reminded that swimming is Not Allowed in the reservoirs.