Recycle Right this Holiday
Wednesday Dec 18th, 2019
Public Works Director Rudolph S. Chow, P.E., reminds everyone that when you recycle holiday paper and packaging, you contribute to a sustainable and cleaner environment.
Remember to recycle properly this Holiday season! Below are a few tips. Be sure to check out DPW’s new Recycle Right web tool if you are confused about recycling specific items!
Please DO recycle curbside:
- Wrapping paper that scrunches when you handle it
- Cardboard packaging and boxes
- Holiday cards and envelopes
- Bottles and jars – plastic and glass
- Steel and aluminum cans
Please DO NOT recycle:
- Foil-based wrapping material like bows, ribbons and tissue paper
- Christmas tree ornaments
- Cookware and plates
- Contaminated paper products: paper towels and plates, waxed paper, and tissues
- Contaminated plastic products: plates, utensils, cookware, carry-out cartons
- Plastic bags of any kind
- Bubble wrap
- Styrofoam packaging
- Plastic shipping envelopes or paper envelopes with bubble wrap lining
Electronics (eCycling), including holiday lights, can be dropped-off at any one of the five Citizens' Convenience Center locations.
Christmas Trees can be mulched at the Northwest Citizens’ Convenience Center located at 2840 Sisson Street, January 4 through February 1.