DPW Announces Make-Up Schedules for This Week’s Trash and Recycling Cancellations
Friday Feb 19th, 2021
Baltimore City Department of Public Works Acting Director Matthew W. Garbark announced today the make-up days for trash and recycling collections cancelled on Thursday, February 18, and Friday, February 19 due to this week’s inclement weather.
- Thursday, February 18 trash and recycling collections will be picked up on Monday, February 22.
- Trash and recycling scheduled for today, Friday, February 19, will be collected Friday, February 26 along with the regularly scheduled trash and recycling collections.
“This week’s weather event left many of the City’s alleys covered with ice. These conditions make collection of trash and recycling dangerously difficult for sanitation workers,” said Acting Director Garbark. “We appreciate the patience of our customers whose service has been delayed as a result.”
DPW’s ability to complete routes depend on whether the ice has thawed sufficiently for the alleys to be accessible. DPW asks residents to continue helping clear alleys of ice and snow where possible.
Saturday, February 20, the following DPW facilities will be OPEN:
- Sisson Street Citizen Drop-Off Center, located at 2840 Sisson Street, Monday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Northwest Transfer Station, located at 5030 Reisterstown Road, Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Quarantine Road Landfill, located at 6100 Quarantine Road. Monday, Monday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Southwestern Citizens’ Convenience Center, 701 Reedbird Avenue, Monday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Eastern Citizens’ Convenience Center, 6101 Bowleys Lane, Monday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.