Free Event - Rain or Shine Big Truck Day is Tomorrow, May 13, 2017
Friday May 12th, 2017
Big Truck Day in Baltimore has become THE place to be for all the littlest drivers in our City. Every year hundreds upon hundreds of children come to see, and sit in, the BIGGEST trucks in Baltimore. And it is free!
At this year’s Big Truck Day, Baltimore’s youngest citizens are invited to cast their vote on their favorite truck. Will it be a Dump Truck, a Fire or Police Vehicle, or a Big Green Trash Truck? Big Truck Day Polls will be open from 9:30 a.m. to noon. The winning name will be announced via Twitter: @BaltimoreDPW.
Big Truck Day takes place on Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the parking lot of the Baltimore Museum of Industry, 1415 Key Highway.
Visitors can sit in (and blow the horn) on the big City trucks. Vehicles from the Departments of Public Works, Transportation, General Services, Recreation and Parks, and the Baltimore City Police and Fire Departments will be on display for all the kids to see, touch, and sit in.
These are the big trucks that clean, repair and keep the City safe! Police cars, fire engines, bucket trucks, trash trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles will be on display and available for kid-friendly inspections. “Big Bertha,” the City’s largest tow truck, and the BIG Fireboat, with its massive water display, will be on hand once again.
There’s a long-list of reasons that families should come out to enjoy this kid-friendly Big Truck Day:
- It’s a FREE, FUN, FAMILY day of activities.
- Face painting, balloon twisting, giant Legos and coloring
- Kids (both big and little) can’t resist climbing aboard a big trash or fire truck
- Kids (just the little ones, please!) will receive a construction hat and vest to wear when inspecting the City’s big truck fleet
- Fire boat water display show
- Food trucks will be on site ($).
- Recycle bins will be on sale at discounted prices at the DPW table.
- DPW’s Community liaisons will be on-hand to provide useful literature and agency information.
Free, limited parking is available at 1100 Key Highway, and some on-street parking is available. The Charm City Circulator’s Banner route stops in front of the Baltimore Museum of Industry
Big Truck Day is a rain or shine event.
See you there.