Big Truck Day is this Saturday, May 13 Free-Family-Fun
Monday May 8th, 2017
THE place to be for all the littlest drivers in our City is BIG TRUCK DAY. Every year hundreds of children come to see, and sit in, the BIGGEST trucks in Baltimore. And it is free!
At this year’s Big Truck Day, Baltimore’s youngest citizens are invited to cast their vote on their favorite truck. Will it be a big green trash truck, or perhaps a Fire or Police vehicle? Big Truck Day Polls will be open from 9:30 a.m. to noon. The winning name will be announced via Twitter: @BaltimoreDPW.
Big Truck Day takes place on Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the parking lot of the Baltimore Museum of Industry, 1415 Key Highway.
Visitors can sit in (and blow the horn on) the big City trucks. Vehicles from the Departments of Public Works, Transportation, General Services, Recreation and Parks, and the Baltimore City Police and Fire Departments will be on display for all the kids to see, touch, and sit in.
These are the big trucks that clean, repair and keep the City safe! Police cars, fire engines, bucket trucks, trash trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles will be on display and available for kid-friendly inspections. “Big Bertha,” the City’s largest tow truck, and the BIG Fireboat, with its massive water display, will be on hand once again.
There’s a long-list of reasons that families should come out to enjoy this kid-friendly Big Truck Day:
- It’s a FREE, FUN, FAMILY day of activities.
- Face painting, balloon twisting, giant Legos and coloring
- Kids (both big and little) can’t resist climbing aboard a big trash or fire truck
- Kids (just the little ones, please!) will receive a construction hat and vest to wear when inspecting the City’s big truck fleet
- Fire boat water display show
- Drawings for prizes
- Food trucks will be on site ($).