BALTIMORE H2O FAQs
Starting in July 2019, the Department of Public Works introduced Baltimore H2O Assists (also known as “BH2O”) as its new water billing support program. BH2O combines the best of existing assistance programs – rate reductions, fee waivers, income-based eligibility – and provides help before customers fall behind on their bills. BH2O is divided into two categories: BH2O Assists and BH2O Plus.
|Important FAQs||BH2O Assists||BH2O Plus|
What are the program benefits?
| || |
Who is eligible?
| || |
Following the same guidelines as many other assistance programs, including home energy assistance, BH2O programs adhere to the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Please reference the Income Eligibility Chart below:
|Household Size||BH2O Assists |
175% Poverty Level
|BH2O Plus |
50% Poverty Level
How do I obtain an application?
Applications can be picked up at the Baltimore City Department of Public Works, 200 Holliday Street, Room 8, Baltimore MD, 21202, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., downloaded from the Department of Public Works website, or at local Community Action Partnership (CAP) Centers. A list of CAP Center locations can be found online at: www.bmorechildren.com/community-action-partnership
CAP Center Locations
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Northern Community Action Partnership Center
Northwest Community Action Partnership Center
Southern Community Action Partnership Center
Southeast Community Action Partnership Center
Eastern Community Action Partnership Center
How can I apply?
To apply, water bill customers can:
- Download this application and mail in a completed application to P.O Box 22586, Baltimore, MD 21203 containing all required documentation OR
- Complete and submit an application in-person at a local CAP Center
At this time, BH2O Assists Applications will not be accepted over the phone and as of August 7, 2019, the Baltimore City Department of Public Works will no longer receive applications. In order for an application to be complete, all required documents must be submitted by mail or at a local CAP Center.
What documents are needed to apply?
- Copy of Water Bill with Applicant Name
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card for ALL Household members
- Proof of Household Income (examples below)
- Current Pay Stubs
- W2s, 1099, and/or Current Tax Return(s)
- SSI Benefit Letters, Pension Statements, etc.
- Unemployment Determination Letter
- Verification of Medical Assistance, Food Stamps, or other Public Assistance
- Program, SSI Benefit Notices
- Verification of Eligibility for Social Security, Veterans/Social Security Disability Benefits
- Notarized Statement of Non-Income (adults)
- Notarized Statement of Non-Occupancy from Former Co-Owner or Additional Leaseholder
How long will it take to process my application?
We will begin processing applications on September 9, 2019. Subsidies will be retroactive to July 1, 2019. Please note that it may take 1 – 2 bill cycles to process your completed BH2O application and it may take up to two months to receive a water credit.