We realize that some of our customers with limited incomes are finding it harder to make ends meet. That is why the Baltimore City Department of Public Works offers assistance to those who may experience difficulty paying a water bill. The Low-Income Water Assistance Program application may be downloaded, mailed to you by calling 410-396-5398, or available at your local community action partnership center listed at the bottom of this page.
Who is eligible?
- The applicant must be a Baltimore City resident, the water utility account holder, and receive their water bill directly from the City.
- The applicant must reside at the property on the account.
- The applicant must have received a delinquent, turn-off, or tax sale notice due to their account being in arrears.
- The applicant must not have an existing payment plan.
- The applicant must provide verification documents.
- The must meet the gross income criteria below:
*This table is calculated based on U.S. Poverty Guidelines for the 48 contiguous states
which are adjusted annually by the Department of Health and Human Services. This
guideline will be followed until June 2017. Dollar value rounded to nearest dollar.
What happens after I am approved?
If approved the applicant must pledge to make consistent payments on the unpaid and current balance in order to receive a one-time credit of $197.00. The credit is used to reduce the down payment requirement needed to be set-up on a payment arrangement.
Baltimore City Community Action Partnership Centers
|Southeast Community Action Center
Diann Baker, Director
3411 Bank Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Fax: (410) 545-6511
|Eastern Community Action Center
Diane Nesbitt Jones, Manager
1400 East Federal Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21213
Fax: (410) 727-1318
|Northern Community Action Center
David Smith, Manager
5225 York Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21212
Fax: (410) 545-7960
|Southern Community Action Center
Beulah McCain-Lucas, Manager
606 Cherry Hill Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21225
Fax: (410) 545-1702
|Northwest District Community Action Center
Diane Jones, Manager
3939 Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Fax: (410) 367-5609