Low-Income Water Bill Assistance Program
DPW offers the Low-Income Water Bill Assistance Program to help Baltimore City residents who have fallen behind with water bill payments. Those enrolled in the income-based program will receive a $250 grant toward their outstanding balance, and agree to make monthly payments toward this balance.
Applications may be mailed to you by calling 410-396-5398, and are available at the nearest Community Action Partnership Center, listed at the bottom of this page.
Who is eligible?
- The applicant must be a Baltimore City resident, the water utility account holder, and receive their water bill directly from the City.
- The applicant must reside at the property on the account.
- The applicant must have received a delinquent, turn-off, or tax sale notice due to their account being in arrears.
- The applicant must not have an existing payment plan.
- The applicant must provide verification documents.
- They must meet the gross income criteria below:
*This chart is based on Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2019.
|Household Size||50% Poverty Level||Poverty Level||175% Poverty Level|
|Each additional person||Add $2,210||Add $4,420||Add $7,735|
Once approved you must pledge to make consistent payments to your unpaid and current balance. You will receive a credit of $250.
What happens after I am approved?
If approved the applicant must pledge to make consistent payments on the unpaid and current balance in order to receive a one-time credit of $250.00. The credit is used to reduce the down payment requirement needed to be set-up on a payment arrangement.
Baltimore Housing Community Action Centers
Southeast Community Action Center
Northern Community Action Center
Eastern Community Action Center
Northwest District Community Action Center
Desiree Mack, Manager
Southern Community Action Center