Big Truck Day: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Begin planning now to bring the kids out to touch (sit in and blow the horn too!) of the big City trucks on Big Truck Day! On Saturday, May 12 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., the Baltimore City Departments of Public Works, Transportation, General Services, Recreation and Parks, Police and Fire will have their big trucks on display for all the kids (both big and small) to see, touch and sit in. Big Truck Day will take place in the parking lot of the Baltimore Museum of Industry, 1415 Key Highway.
These are the big trucks that clean, repair and keep the City safe! Police cars, trash trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles will be on display and available for some kid-friendly inspections.
Vehicles on display will also include “Big Bertha” the City’s largest Tow Truck along with Police Vehicles and Vactors, Bobcats, Load-packers, Bucket Trucks, Rescue Vehicles and a BIG BIG BIG Fireboat – that will perform a ginormous water display.
Big Truck Day includes:
- A FREE, FUN, FAMILY day of activities — face painting, balloon twisting, giant Legos and coloring.
- Kids (both big and small) can climb aboard "Trashasaurus" the trash truck and the other big trucks.
- Kids (just the little ones, please!) will receive construction hats and vests to wear when inspecting the City’s big truck fleet.
- See the Fire boat water display.
- Recycle bins on sale at the DPW table.
- DPW’s Community liaisons will be on-hand to provide useful literature and agency information.
- There’s free, limited parking available at 1100 Key Highway! On street parking is available too.
- Plus, the Charm City Circulator’s Banner route stops in front of the Baltimore Museum of Industry.
- Food trucks will be on the site.
- Did we mention the big trucks — attendees can see, touch and sit in— at BIG TRUCK DAY?
Big Truck Day is a rain or shine event. For additional information, contact DPW at 410-545-6541.
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230