Big Truck Day: Saturday, May 13
Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Bring the kids out to touch (sit in and blow the horn too!) on the big City trucks for Big Truck Day! On Saturday, May 13 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., the Baltimore City Departments of Public Works, Transportation, General Services, and Police will have their big trucks on display for all the kids (both big and small) to see, touch and sit in. Big Truck Day will take place in the parking lot of the Baltimore Museum of Industry, 1415 Key Highway.
These are the big trucks that clean, repair and keep the City safe! Police cars, trash trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles will be on display and available for some kid-friendly inspections.
Vehicles on display will also include “Big Bertha” the City’s largest Tow Truck along with Police Vehicles and Vactors, Bobcats, Load-packers, Bucket Trucks, Rescue Vehicles and a BIG BIG BIG Fireboat – that will perform a ginormous water display.
Here’s why families should gallop on down to the kid-friendly Big Truck Day:
- It’s a FREE, FUN, FAMILY day of activities — face painting, balloon twisting, giant Legos and coloring.
- Kids (both big and little) can’t resist climbing aboard a big trash truck.
- Kids (just the little ones, please!) will receive construction hats and vests to wear when inspecting the City’s big truck fleet.
- Fire boat water display show.
- Recycle bins will be on sale at the DPW table.
- DPW’s Community liaisons will be on-hand to provide useful literature and agency information.
- There’s free limited parking available (1100 Key Highway)! On street parking is available too.
- Plus, the Charm City Circulator’s Banner route stops in front of the Baltimore Museum of Industry.
- Food trucks will be on the scene.
- Oh, did we mention the big trucks — attendees can see, touch and sit in— at BIG TRUCK DAY?
Big Truck Day is a rain or shine event. For additional information, contact DPW at 410-545-6541.