In November of 2014 the Department of Public Works created the Stormwater Advisory Committee. The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to advise the Department on stormwater projects, programs, and issues, and to help educate stakeholder groups on related matters.
The Advisory Committee is made up of volunteer members representing a diversity of sectors, including environmental non-profits, businesses and industries, anchor institutions and citizens. The members are:
- Alan Pressman, BGE
- Ann Robinson, Mt. Winans Community Association
- Anthony Pressley, Druid Heights CDC
- Ashley Pennington, Johns Hopkins University Office of Sustainability
- Bif Browning, Southwest Partnership
- Bonnie Sorak, Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake
- Brian Hammock, CSX / South Baltimore Business Alliance
- Debbie Cameron, Baltimore Tree Trust
- Ellis Brown, Morgan State University
- Jennifer Aiosa, Friends of Patterson Park / Blue Water Baltimore
- Kimberly Brandt, 1000 Friends of Maryland
- Matthew Kimball, Building Owners and Managers Association of Baltimore
- Noah Smock, Baltimore Community ToolBank
Staff from DPW and other City agencies, such as the departments of Transportation, Recreation and Parks, and the Public Schools, serve as ex-officio members to support the committee.
The committee meets on a quarterly basis, with sub-committees meeting in between. Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public and are advertised in advance.
Stormwater Advisory Committee Meeting Dates (All meetings begin at 6 pm.)
February 7, 2017
May 2, 2017
August 1, 2017
November 7, 2017