BALTIMORE, MD (December 23, 2013) – Director Alfred H. Foxx reminds everyone that Christmas Day and New Year’s Day are City holidays. Department of Public Works’ offices and yards will be CLOSED on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 and Wednesday, January 1, 2014.
CHRISTMAS DAY AND NEW YEAR’S DAY:
NOTE: Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve ARE NOT City holidays.
- Trash and recycling will NOT be collected.
- NO bulk trash collections are scheduled.
- Drop-off centers and yards WILL BE CLOSED (all yards, including Quarantine Road Landfill, the Northwest Transfer Station and the Eastern, Western and Northwest Citizen Convenience Centers.
- Mechanical street sweeping will NOT take place.
- Parking meters will NOT be in effect.
- Saturday, December 28, 2013 and Saturday, January 4, 2014 will be the make-up collection days for trash and recycling in those areas that are regularly scheduled for collection on Wednesday.
For more information about DPW’s holiday closures and service interruptions, please consult your Public Works Calendar or go to