BALTIMORE, MD (November 25, 2013) - Director Alfred H. Foxx reminds everyone that Thanksgiving Day is a City holiday. Department of Public Works’ offices and yards will be CLOSED on Thursday, November 28, 2013, a holiday.
- Trash and recycling will NOT be collected.
- Saturday, November 30, 2013 will be the make-up collection day for trash and recycling in those areas that are regularly scheduled for collection on Thursday.
- NO bulk trash collections are scheduled.
- Drop-off centers and yards WILL BE CLOSED (all yards, including Quarantine Road Landfill, the Northwest Transfer Station and the Eastern, Western and Northwest Citizen Convenience Centers).
- Mechanical street sweeping will NOT take place.
- Parking meters will NOT be in effect.
For more information about DPW’s holiday closures and service interruptions, please consult your Public Works Calendar or go to http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/.