Posted: December 23, 2012
BALTIMORE, MD (December 23, 2012) – Director Alfred H. Foxx reminds Baltimore City residents that Christmas Day and New Year’s Day are City holidays. Department of Public Works’ offices and yards will be CLOSED on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 and Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
CHRISTMAS DAY AND NEW YEAR’S DAY:
- Trash and recycling will NOT be collected.
- NO bulk trash collections are scheduled.
- Citizen drop-off centers WILL BE CLOSED (all yards, including Quarantine Road Landfill, the Northwest Transfer Station and the Eastern, Western and Northwest Collections Facilities).
- Street sweeping will NOT take place.
- Parking meters will NOT be in effect.
- Saturday, December 29, 2012 and Saturday, January 5, 2013 will be the make-up collection days for trash and recycling in those areas that are regularly scheduled for collection on Tuesday.
NOTE: Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve ARE NOT City holidays.