Working together is the key to a successful city.
The following information outlines the responsibilities of the Department of Public Works and your responsibilities.
Department of Public Works:
- Collects your residential trash and recycling (both paper and plastic). Click here for detailed recycling information.
- Collects your bulk trash when you schedule an appointment through 311.
- Enforces the sanitation laws of the City.
- Collects and recycles bagged leaves on your second trash collection day.
- Removes fire debris from the public right of way.
- Provides tools for community cleanups.
- Removes graffiti.
- Removes and stores eviction items.
- Takes care of water pipes and sewer lines up to and including the water meter.
- Keep your property clear of trash and well-maintained.
- Clean your sidewalk and alley and along your curbs.
- Trim the trees and shrubs on your property and cut your grass.
- Weed and care for trees in the sidewalk; clean trash from the tree boxes.
- Report illegal dumping, abandoned vehicles and other criminal activities.
- Participate in neighborhood cleanups.
- Use durable trash cans with tight-fitting lids.
- Do not put your water lines from the meter to your house as well as sewer lines on your property.
- Do not use your sink or toilet to dispose of grease, rags, paper towels or other foreign objects. These will clog your drain.
- Maintain our drain and the City's sewer lines.
- Do not open fire hydrants. It is illegal, dangerous and can hinder firefighting. Report open hydrants by calling 311.
- Do not hesitate to call 311 if you need assistance or have a question.